What is GDPR
On May 25, 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will officially take effect. For European individuals, GDPR expands their data privacy rights and gives them more power to control their data. For companies that process the personal data of these European individuals, GDPR requires compliance with a new set of regulations.
GDPR outlines specific requirements that these companies must satisfy, as well as specific rights that European individuals can exercise with these companies. Further information on GDPR is available on the European Union’s official website: ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en.
Data Processing Agreement
How Lumeer meets GDPR
- Coverege of GDPR in our terms and policies
- Contracts with data processing entities
- We have checked contracts with all data processing entities we work with and they are now obliged to our data processing controller to keep all personal data secret. We have provided a complete list of data processing entities that we work with.
- Duration and type of personal information we keep
- Restrict of personal information access
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information, or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by emailing email@example.com.
- You have complete control of your data
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Obligation to sign NDAs
- We have signed Non-disclosure Agreements with all our team members and they are now obliged to maintain confidentiality.
- Technical measures
- All customer data in Lumeer are encrypted by several layers of well-proven encryption algorithms like AES.
- Security breach
- Although we do everything we are reasonably able to do to prevent any security breaches, there still may be such situations. Should there be any security breach we will inform you as soon as possible and will follow the steps necessary to minimize damage and return to normal operation.
- User account security
- All user account data are stored encrypted and we do not keep your passwords in plain text. This means that nobody including us can read your password from our database. At the moment we have only one phase authentication. Therefore we recommend you to create strong passwords for your account.
In case of any questions or problems, please contact us at www.lumeer.io/contact/.