Processing of data and information, decision making, communication and other repetitive activities – advanced algorithms and automation tools help where humans would lose most of their time.
Don’t waste time and use the rules to set up an event you want to automate. Either for boring or repetitive tasks, faster work with pivot tables or assigning specific task types to employees.
With rules, your team’s everyday struggles with project management will become easier. You can easily create the rules by combining dozens of pre-made blocks and connecting them together as if they were Lego cubes.
Lumeer’s Automation tools make it possible to react to changes in stored data.
There are two types of automation tools:
- Functions that compute values in a column,
- Rules that perform actions based on certain events (item creation, update, deletion).
The Functions and Rules are edited in a form of visual blocks which makes them easy to read.
Common use cases for automation tools are:
- automatically assign tasks
- automatically set task state, store creation and completion date
- automatically link tasks to projects, employees or resources
- calculate summaries of linked records
- move the task through a workflow
To get started with automation, we recommend reading the following articles:
There is also the possibility to integrate with other tools and applications via Zapier.